Introduction and outline
Vocabulary Practice: Rewrite the following sentences with the phrases that you have learned
- The rise in the number of repeat offenders is caused by the lack of rehabilitation and offenders’ difficulties in getting a good job
- Many offenders tend to commit crimes after having served their sentence.
- If the government emphasised more on education and training during prison time, the number of criminals who reoffend would soon drop.
Grammar Practice: Suggest a solution for the following issues with second conditional:
- People tend to eat unhealthy foods because fruit and vegetables are too expensive (fact)
- The number of traffic accidents is rising because of the poor condition of road surface (fact)
- University tuition fees are so high that many poor people don’t have access to higher education (fact)